Monday 22 July 2013

Spanakopita


I love Greek food {see my illustrated recipe for Kolokythokeftedes} and one of my favourite dishes to make {and to eat} is Spanakopita, little pastry parcels of spinach and cheese. So here's a little gif of how to make my version of them! 

Most recipes say to use feta, I just use whatever I have leftover {I love cheese a bit too much!} and also to cook the spinach first and add egg, but to keep it simple I skip these and instead just add a bit of pesto, red onion and jalapenos for a bit of a kick! 

What Greek food do you love to make and eat?

2 comments:

  1. I want to taste this, it's so delicious looking! What kind of pastry do you use for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good, it's filo pastry, you should try them out!

      Delete