Friday 22 March 2013

International Art to See: Africa & Middle East

If I was in South Africa I'd see...
 Secret Garden
  Strange Flowers by Olaf Hajek at What if the world...

Here's the next post in my International Art to See series (see also North America, South America, Europe pt I & Europe pt II) covering art to see in Africa & the Middle East. There's so much art, covering so many subjects from abstractions, portraiture, religion, to interiors, chairs, script & Arab women in sport. Here's a few of my picks of what to see:

4 walls: Sha Zero, Takashi Murakami, Mr. Brainwash & Esther Mahlangu at 34fineart...


&  Summer of Sculpture at the Mount Nelson Hotel with Everard Read
in Cape Town.


Alessandro Pappetti at Everard Read...

The French Connection
 The French Connection at Joburg Art Gallery...

 
 & The Coming of Age at Joburg Art Gallery
in Johannesburg.

If I was in Zimbabwe I'd see...


Samuel Fosso: Everyone is Beautiful....


& European Old Masters and Nineteenth Century Paintings at National Gallery of Zimbabwe in Bulawayo

If I was in Saudi Arabia I'd see...   
Mohannad Orabi Profile Portraits at Ayyam in Jeddah.
   
 If I was in the UAE I'd see...
Sharjah Biennial in Sharjah.


3.13 (featuring 7 monographic artists) at Cuadro...

The Dara Chronicles & Luminous Script at the Ara...

& Art of Iran at Opera in Dubai.

If I was in Lebanon I'd see...

If I was in Qatar I'd see..
Jewad Selim,
  Fahrelnissa Zeid & Forever Now: 5 anecdotes from the permanent collection at Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art...


 




There's tons of art out there to see, what are going to see? What galleries/artists do you recommend?
Next up in the series? Asia! 


No comments:

Post a Comment