Monday 25 January 2021

Travelling around the World through Music


I've been missing travelling and experiencing new places, culture, food, people, customs, languages et al. So have recently come across Putumayo's World Music Radio Hour which showcases music from their many albums around the world into themes around events, such as the recent episode on Martin Luther King Day or a playlist around food for Thanksgiving or geographical regions. 

Here's a few of my favourite episodes I've listened to so far:-





All the music is featured on their many CD compilations such as Cuba! Cuba!, Arabic Groove, French Cafe, Celtic Women... I remember seeing them in shops before because of their distinctive, beautiful & memorable illustration covers by Nicola Heindl

I'm finding them to be really relaxing & great to cook to! Find the Putumayo Music Radio Hour here 

or different playlists on Spotify searching for 'Putumayo Presents'


No comments:

Post a Comment